Enjoy a healthy chicken soup with cauliflower plus more nutritious vegetables. Team it up with cheese biscuits for a hearty lunch or supper.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 45 minutes.
creamy Italian salad dressing
Cheddar Biscuits (Makes 10)2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 cup butter or margarine
3/4 cup milk
2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
nonstick cooking spray
- Chop cauliflower, celery, carrot, onion and garlic and place in a saucepan. Cover with chicken broth and water. Turn burner on to medium heat.
- Cut chicken into cubes and add to saucepan. Stir in creamy Italian salad dressing and Worcestershire sauce.
- Sprinkle pepper and dill weed into the soup. Cover and continue cooking on medium heat until broth begins to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer while preparing biscuits.
- Place flour and baking powder in a mixing bowl and toss with a fork to blend. Add butter or margarine and use your fork to combine until pebbly.
- Turn oven on to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add milk to mixing bowl and stir to form a soft dough. Add shredded cheese and blend into dough. You may find using your hands works best.
- On a lightly floured surface press dough flat, turning once to coat both sides. Continue pressing dough with your hands or a rolling pin until about 1 1/2 inches thick. Cut into circles with a biscuit cutter and transfer to baking sheet. Place in hot oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown. Serve with soup.