Avocado makes this easy bean and rice burrito a MUFA meal.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 1 hour 15 minutes.
canned black beans
non-stick cooking spray
- In a saucepan, heat water over high heat until boiling. Stir in rice and reduce heat to the lowest setting. Cover and cook without lifting the lid for 45 minutes.
- When rice has been cooking for 20 minutes, drain and rinse beans and place in a saucepan.
- Peel avocado and dice. Add to beans. Dice tomatoes and add to beans. Turn burner on to medium-low under beans and cook while stirring until avocado has blended with beans and tomato is soft.
- Crush and dice garlic and add to beans along with cumin and cilantro. Turn burner on to low and simmer uncovered, stirring often.
- Shred cheese and dice green onion. Set them aside in the refrigerator.
- When rice has cooked for 45 minutes, remove lid and fluff rice with a fork to allow moisture to finish absorbing. Pour rice into the saucepan with the beans. Stir to mix.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon bean and rice filling into flour tortilla. Fold and place seam-side down in baking dish.
- Top with salsa and grated cheese and bake in oven until cheese melts. Serve with sliced green onions and olives.