Savory ground beef rolled into a pie crust shell and baked. Serve your empanadas topped with sour cream alongside a crisp salad.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 1 hour 15 minutes.
lean ground beef onion garlic pepper oregano flour butter or margarine cold water sour cream salsa
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Stir frequently. Drain off fat and return to pan.
- Dice onion, jalapeno pepper and garlic and add to skillet. Sprinkle in pepper and oregano. Stir and turn burner on to medium-low.
- While vegetables are simmering with the ground beef, make crust. Cut margarine into flour until pebbly. Add cold water and stir to mix. Do not overmix. Use your hands to shape dough into a ball.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface until about 1/8 of an inch thick. Using a 4 inch circular cutter (we used a glass bowl), cut out circles.
- Turn oven on to 400 degrees. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon beef filling onto one half of each dough circle. Fold over and seal the edges with a fork. Place on baking sheet and into oven. Bake for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Mix sour cream and salsa together as a dipping sauce for your empanadas and enjoy them with a salad.