Flavorful beans and crispy vegetables sit atop a flour tortilla made crispy by sauteeing in olive oil.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 30 minutes.
canned pinto beans
ranch salad dressing
green bell pepper
- Drain and rinse pinto beans.
- In a saucepan, combine pinto beans, salsa, ranch dressing, ketchup, cumin and cilantro.
- Mix together and add water. Heat to boiling over medium-high
heat. Turn to low and continue cooking until reduced to
a thick consistency. (For softer beans, turn heat to lowest
setting, cover and cook for 1 to 2
hours. Check and stir occasionally
and add water
- Chop tomato, lettuce, green pepper and onion. Grate cheese.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until it just begins to smoke.
- Reduce heat to medium and place tortillas in skillet.
- When brown on one side, flip tortillas and reduce heat to low.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over top. Cover to melt cheese.
- Top toasted tortilla with beans and vegetables.