Vegan casserole of rice and mung bean sprouts baked with a colorful variety of tastey vegetables seasoned with sesame oil, sage, tarragon and turmeric.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 1 hour.
green bell pepper
ground flax seed
- Heat water for rice in a saucepan on high until boiling. Stir in rice, cover and reduce heat to the lowest setting. Fill another saucepan with water and heat on high. Measure out wild rice and set aside.
- Chop bean sprouts and red onion and place in a large mixing bowl. Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray and turn oven on to 400 degrees.
- Use a food processor to shred green bell pepper, radishes and zucchini. Add to mixing bowl with bean sprouts and onions.
- Add wild rice to boiling water and stir. Continue cooking on high heat until some of the grains burst open.
- Crush and mince garlic and add to mixing bowl of vegetables.
- When all of the moisture has been absorbed in the pan with the instant rice, add to vegetables. Drain wild rice and add to mixing bowl. Stir to blend.
- Add lemon juice, tarragon, turmeric, sage, sesame oil, pine nuts. Blend well.
- Transfer rice and vegetables to baking dish. In a measuring beaker, stir ground flax seed into vegetable broth. Pour slowly and evenly over the casserole. Cover with foil or lid and place in hot oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for another 10 minutes until lightly browned.