Black beans and rice baked in the oven with a crunchy, cheesy topping.How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 2 hours 15 minutes.
canned black beans
diced tomatoes with green chilies
shredded cheddar cheese
non-stick cooking spray
- Heat vegetable broth in a saucepan on high until boiling. Stir in rice, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 45 minutes without lifting the lid.
- At the end of the 45 minutes cooking time for the rice, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain and rinse black beans and place in a mixing bowl along with undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, salsa, sour cream and half the shredded cheese. Add rice and stir to mix.
- Spray a casserole pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour rice and bean mixture into casserole.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Crush tortilla chips and sprinkle over the top of the casserole. Spread remaining shredded cheese evenly over casserole.
- Return oven and bake for 20 minutes more or until all of the moisture has been absorbed and the top is golden brown.