Make this easy coffee cake with fresh apples and top with ice cream.12 servings
From kitchen to table in
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 cup oatmeal
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup chopped nuts
1 scoop vanilla ice cream
non-stick cooking spray
- Peel and core apples, cut into cubes and place in a bowl of cold water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a rectangular baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, sugar and eggs.
- Dump flour over mixture and sprinkle baking powder evenly over the top.
- Blend baking powder into flour and continue stirring until cooking dough is well beaten.
- Add oatmeal and cinnamon and blend again.
- Drain apples and fold into batter along with chopped nuts.
- Press batter into baking dish and place in hot oven.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown and firm in the center.
- Serve with ice cream.