12 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons finely grated lemon peel
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar (for topping)
- Cream together butter or margarine, sugar,
eggs, lemon juice and lemon peel in a large mixing
- Dump flour into mixing bowl and sprinkle
baking powder evenly over the top. Use a
fork to blend baking powder into flour and then
continue mixing all ingredients together.
- Roll dough into two logs about 2 inches in
diameter. Wrap in waxed paper and
refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Unwrap dough and cut into 1/2 inch slices.
Place on a baking sheet and sprinkle with
- Bake in oven until lightly brown (about 10
Find more recipes in our weekly newsletter
Chocolate Chip and Almond Biscotti
Apple Spice Crumb Cake
Banana Applesauce Pecan Bread
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
Copyright © 2004 - 2011
What's For Dinner? Make Dinner
Time Family Time! - All Rights Reserved.