Directory of Dessert Recipes
Makes 16 squares
1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 cup flour
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
From kitchen to table in
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an
8-inch square baking dish with non-stick cooking
- In a small mixing bowl, blend brown
sugar, flour and chopped nuts. Pour in
melted butter or margarine and stir until well
- Reserve 1/3 of the crumbs for topping and
press remaining crumbs into the bottom of the
baking pan to form a crust.
- Place crust in hot oven and bake for 12 to
15 minutes until firm and lightly brown.
- While crust bakes, prepare cheesecake
filling. Place cream cheese and sugar in a
mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer on
medium speed until smooth and blended.
- Add egg, milk, lemon juice and lemon zest to
cream cheese mixture and continue mixing at
medium speed until everything is blended.
- Pour filling over crust and top with
- Return to oven and bake an additional 25
minutes or until firmly set.
- Cool and cut into squares