Meatloaf and Baked-in Potatoes
Instant potatoes are baked into a flavorful meatloaf and served with buttered corn.
How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 45 minutes.
extra lean ground beef
instant mashed potatoes
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground beef, ketchup, mustard,
mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and corn flakes. Mix well,
cover and set aside.
- Turn oven on to 400 degrees.
- Heat water in a saucepan on high heat until boiling.
Turn off heat and stir in milk, margarine and instant
potatoes. Let stand while preparing meatloaf.
- Separate meat mixture in half. Press one half into
the bottom of a loaf pan.
- Fluff potatoes with a fork and spoon over the meat in
the loaf pan.
- Use your hands to flatten the second half of the meat
mixture and place on top the mashed potatoes to cover them
- Place the meat and potatoes into hot oven and bake until
meat is cooked through (about 20 minutes but may vary
depending on number of servings).
- When meatloaf is almost cooked, heat corn in a saucepan
over medium heat. Add margarine and stir to blend.
Serve with meatloaf and potatoes.