Fish Tacos with jalapeno poppers
Flakey fish, fresh salsa, cabbage shreds and cheese are stuffed into a warm taco shell and served with jalapeno poppers from the grocer's freezer case.
How many servings?
From kitchen to table in 30 minutes.
finely chopped tomato
finely chopped Serrano pepper
finely chopped cucumber
finely chopped red bell pepper
fresh cilantro, chopped
red wine vinegar
shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine chopped tomato, Serrano pepper, cucumber, red
bell pepper, cilantro, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, water
and sugar to
make a fresh salsa. Cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a skillet, brown fish in olive oil on medium heat and
season with salt and pepper.
- While fish cooks, place jalapenos on a baking sheet and
place in hot oven.
- When fish is nearly done, heat taco shells on a cookie sheet
in the hot oven
for one or two minutes, until crisp.
- Place fish in taco shells. Layer salsa, shredded cabbage
and shredded cheese onto taco.
- Serve with jalapeno poppers.